Let’s set the scene. I’m in my hostel’s common space with
two three individuals whom I do not know. None of us are talking to each other. There’s an Estonian lady knitting next to me and it seems she just finished an oat breakfast of sorts. She’s also watching the news or something on her laptop.
There’s this man probably mid twenties to my left and his friend just joined him (that makes 4 of us in this room right now). She’s this girl I bumped into when she was hustling out of her hostel room. They’re speaking Spanish, but I don’t want to assume country of origin. (First asian guy spotted! 9:20 is not poppin’ in the common space, 9:30 is poppin. Our count is now seven total people. Asian man is eating a huge tub of yogurt. #hostellife)
Things I did on my first night:
- Landed at 22:30 in Tallinn Airport to a gorgeous sunset! Yes the sun was setting that late!
- Exchanged USD for Euros so I could mobilize my ass and catch a taxi to my hostel
- Checked into my hostel
- Took one of the most cathartic showers. It was clean and refreshing, it doesn’t matter that the water stream was shy of a steady piddle.
- I’m staying in a room that can occupy 14 people, but only two of us slept in there last night.
- Watched an episode of Kimmy Schmidt
- I was the only one in the room from 11:30-12:30, then a friend joined me.
- Yes, I made a friend! She’s Australian and we had a lovely chat, too bad she’s leaving today. She was so cool though, she’s about to go live in the Estonian wilderness in some kind of no waste/eco retreat for a few weeks.
- Went to bed
I’m on a breakfast hunt currently. I need my covfefe and maybe a pastriestrie.
I think I’m just going to try walking around the Old Town to see what I find. I need to do some emailing ASAP. So much to do, so little time!
Bye for now. Hopefully there will be pictures in these posts starting soon.